Friday 17 April 2015

Hackintosh Build



I finally had the chance to build my first Mac (Hackintosh)!

Here I'm posting my specs and the drivers I used to get my build to work in the hopes of saving someone some time in the future who might be using similar hardware.

Machine specs:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 2.3)
  • CPU: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
  • Graphics: nVidia Geforce 8600 GTS (256MB)
  • RAM: 2x1GB 666MHz DDR2
  • HDD: 320 GB Seagate SATA

Install steps:

  1. Installed from the Mac OSX Lion (10.7) DVD
  2. Get kexts package Multibeast 4.7.0 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php)
  3. Run Multibeast, using the following options:
    • DSDT-Free Installation
    • Miscellaneous - FakeSMC
    • Network - Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
    • Bootloaders - Chimera v.11.1 r1394
    • Boot Options - 64-bit Apple Boot Screen
  4. Don't restart! Run a terminal and do sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel* to prevent CPU power management related errors on boot up
  5. Then sudo nano /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 to Kernel Flags (wouldn't pick up my graphics card otherwise)
  6. Add -v to Kernel Flags as well to enable verbose boot
  7. Now restart


That's all! The only problem I've had so far is that the on-board sound device (Realtek) is not recognized, but isn't too big a deal for me since all my audio devices are USB interfaced and they work fine without additional drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment